Red Panda Ecotrips
Join us for a journey-of-a-lifetime to visit red pandas in the wild! This trip will take you into the cloud forests and communities of the Himalayas. You will see breathtaking views of Mount Kangchenjunga and Mount Everest and will be exploring one of the most biologically diverse areas in the world.
We’ll hike through some of the Eastern Himalayas most pristine forests in search of one of Asia’s most elusive mammals; the red panda. We’ll also look out for bears, clouded leopards, wolves, monkeys/macaques, and other rare mammal and bird species.
You will experience the gentle hospitality of these villages family homestays and tea houses, which are far removed from mass tourism. You’ll see first hand our community-based conservation work, and how your stay benefits directly our most important conservation partners: the rural communities who need alternatives to forest exploitation.
All trip lodging and food, porters, nature guides, local travel, and supplies is provided by local sources which supports ecotourism, as well as sustainable employment opportunities for the people of these communities. Your trip payment also directly supports our community-based conservation initiatives including our Forest Guardian program, which employs local people as professional forest stewards.
Become an RPN member for $25 a year or $5 a month! *Does not apply to Eco Zoo Trips.
In addition to our Red Panda Ecotrips, we also offer Eco Zoo Trips and Phototrips:
This is a discounted opportunity for zoo staff and volunteers from around the world to join Red Panda Network and zookeeper Sarah Jones on a spectacular 12 day adventure into the forests and mountains of Nepal to experience red pandas in the wild. Trips typically open to public if they are not full three months before trip dates.
Join Red Panda Network and Photofox Adventures on a journey of a lifetime. This will be a unique opportunity to develop your photography skills and to foster your enthusiasm and respect for the natural world.
Red Panda Ecotrips
Next Scheduled Trips Are:
- March 1st – 9th, 2018 (Taplejung)
- March 23rd – 31st, 2018 (Ghyangphedi)
- April 16th – 24th, 2018 (Choyatar, Ilam)
- April 19th – 27th, 2018 (Taplejung)
- May 9th – 17th, 2018 (Gorkhe, Ilam)
- November 7th – 18th, 2018 (Taplejung)
- December 3rd – 11th, 2018 (Dobato, Ilam)
- December 7th – 15th, 2018 (Gorkhe, Ilam)
Click on links for informative brochures about ecotrip locations.
Cost: $2,350 USD What’s included?
- All airport transfers, meals and lodgings, domestic (in-country) flight, car and jeep transport, guides and porters in Kathmandu and the field.
- Lodgings are in rustic teahouses and homestays. Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and tea gardens.
- We cater for everyone – Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian
What’s not included?
- Your international airfare to Nepal and visa fees
- Bottled and alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses
Check out our Ecotrips FAQs and Sample Itinerary!
Red Panda Ecotrips Expanded!
A Unique Strength: How Ecotourism Can Save the Wild
Conservation Firsthand: A Look At Ecotrips with the Red Panda Network
Red Panda Network Ecotrip Anyone? 10 Reasons To Go!