Red pandas got your attention? They are cute indeed! But red pandas are more than cute. They are vulnerable to deforestation, habitat fragmentation and poaching. That’s why Red Panda Network was formed: to help protect red pandas in the wild and to mobilize the people living near red panda habitat, to find sustainable solutions for all: humans and red pandas alike!
The Eastern Himalayan region in Nepal is one of the planet’s most important biodiversity hotspots, rich in fauna and flora found only in that part of the world. So, when you help save red pandas, you help save many other species at the same time! If you want to help Red Panda Network with this important work, check out some of the following options and see how you can get involved too!
- Want to help us educate kids about red panda conservation and enrich their lives? Recruit and train lots of Red Panda Rangers! Kids love the activities and earn badges as they complete each level!
- Become a Red Panda Network member and enjoy the perks! Membership starts at $25 a year.
- Adopt a red panda and help us fight deforestation and wildlife crime in eastern Nepal!
- Sponsor a Red Panda Network Forest Guardian so that we can continue our work monitoring and protecting red panda habitat.
- Does your local zoo support red panda conservation? There are about 175 red pandas in zoos in North America alone and more than 75 zoos worldwide support Red Panda Network so that we may pursue our red panda conservation field work in eastern Nepal. Visit your your local and ask learn about your zoo’s unique conservation activities!
- Give to red pandas on Giving Tuesday (December 2nd). You can start your own fundraiser for red pandas with our easy-to-use crowdfunding site!
- Spread the word about the need to protect wild red pandas and their habitat. Visit our Web site for more information!
- Come to Nepal and join us for one of our eco trips! The purpose of our eco trip is to take you to see red pandas in their natural habitat. But the scenery along the way will capture your heart as well. Here are 10 Reasons to go on the Red Panda Network eco trip!
- Become a volunteer! Contact us to get involved!
- Here’s a no-cost way to support red pandas! Always use this link http://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-1103671 when shopping online at Amazon. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Red Panda Network whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
- Enchant the kids in your life and yourself with a magical story about Laloo the Red Panda cub’s travels in India! The eBook and printed paperback is now available on Amazon. Want red pandas to benefit from your online shopping at no extra expense to you? Visit the Amazon Smile link at https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-1103671. Once you are logged into Amazon Smile, you will see “Supporting Red Panda Network” in the upper left corner of the screen. Then just type “Laloo the red panda” into the Search tool on Amazon and you will arrive at Laloo’s ordering page!
- Eat more chocolate! Especially… Endangered Species brand Red Panda, Raspberry Orange Crème Filled Dark Chocolate bars! Here’s how to order:
1) Be sure to use our Amazon Smile link whenever you shop online at Amazon: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-1103671 2) Next use this link to shop the Endangered Species page.
- Invest in a lemon yellow red panda T-shirt from Pangolin Clothing Company. Pangolin is a unique clothing company that supports endangered species.
- Like Red Panda Network on Facebook!
- Follow us on Twitter @RedPandaNetwork! Help us spread the word about red panda conservation!
- Check us out on Instagram for lots of photos of red pandas from all over the world!
- Are you a pinner? Red Panda Network is now on Pinterest!
- Take photos or video of red pandas at your local zoo and share them with us via social media! We are always in need of photos for our social media campaigns, so please let us know if you are donating them to the cause!
- Start your own fundraiser or event! Crowd Crux published a list of the Top 10 Crowdfunding Sites for Nonprofits. HubSpot also published some great tips on the 7 Top Crowdfunding Sites for Nonprofits, with some great tips on what to evaluate when you make your selection. One of our volunteers ran a very successful campaign via Fundraising.MyEvent.Com but there are so many more! Feel free to contact us if you need any suggestions.
- Do your holiday shopping now – shop red panda merchandise and order in advance for your friends and family!
Learn more About the Red Panda!
Thanks for stopping by, and whatever you do have fun! Red pandas appreciate your ongoing devotion!