Ways You Can Help
There are many ways in which you can help the Red Panda Network achieve its goals. While donations are always welcome, you can also volunteer your time for various tasks related to a project, that includes field research and monitoring, or help with our awareness, education, fundraising and administration needs -> see our volunteer opportunities.
Your time goes a long way in sustaining the habitat of red pandas in eastern Nepal. Contact us for more information. .
Host Your Own Red Panda Event
- Host your own red panda party at work or home. Send us an email with the date and location of our event a couple of weeks before and we will send you additional fundraising tips for Red Panda events.
- Start a fundraiser at your school. There are many ideas available on the internet.
- Hold a Sponsored Silence
- Be creative! Have you hosted your own event? Tell us about it with photos and we’ll feature it on our website.
Donate and Become a Member
You can have a tremendous impact on the survival of the red panda by becoming a member of the Red Panda Network. Donations help fund our Forest Guardian program, field research and the construction of a Community Conservation Center in Nepal where educational workshops will be offered for the local community and for tourists who come in contact with red panda habitat.
Everyone who donates to the Red Panda Network will automatically become a member. By becoming a member, you stand with us in our belief that the most successful conservation projects must ensure long-lasting results for the ecosystems and species that they aim to protect. More info »
You can donate in many easy ways:
- Make a pledge of annual support or give to RPN using the “donate” button above
- Adopt a Red Panda – one time, once a year, or start with $5 a month
- Sponsor a Forest Guardian
- Go on an EcoTrip to Nepal with us – see the extremely rare red panda in the wild, and you’re helping local communities by showing how much you enjoy their forest habitats, by staying in tea houses, and by building relationships
- Give a gift — a new computer or printer, office supplies, company gift certificates, etc.
- Sponsor a forest guardian workshop, a section of our new eco-Trails, field equipment for our research and community-based conservation teams, a part of our new Community Conservation center, signs informing local population about red panda conservation, or other activities you like.
- Support the design or printing of a publication – a brochure, reports, or outreach material
- Support travel — donate airline tickets or frequent flyer miles
- Corporate matching — find out if your employer matches donations, a great way to double your impact
- Bequests – remember Red Panda Network when you do your planned giving — Leave A Legacy!
Raise funds at no cost to you!
Join the original and largest electronic fundraising program where participating merchants contribute each time you make a purchase using your free grocery loyalty or debit/credit cards that are registered with eScrip. There are no receipts to collect, no vouchers or certificates to buy, no hassles for you – and every purchase counts!
To participate by mail: Download this form
To participate online:
1. Go to www.escrip.com and enter the group ID# 500016642 to locate the Red Panda Project.
2. Click on the Red Panda Project link.
3. Follow the instructions to fill in your information.
It’s as easy as that. Shopping for daily items at your favorite participating stores and anywhere from 1%-10% of your purchases will go to support the Red Panda Network.
GoodSearch, GoodShop, GoodDining
- Use GoodSearch to support RPN every time you search the internet
- Use GoodShop every time you shop: the merchant pays us a 1-5% commission, just register your debit/credit card
- Use GoodDining every time you go dining: the restaurant pays us a percentage, all at no additional cost or hassle to you.
Recycle your printer cartridges & small electronics
Red Panda Network receives a donation each time you send used printer cartridges and small electronics to PlanetGreen, or buy recycled cartridges.
To Recycle your printer cartridges & small electronics:
1. Collect 20 or more printer cartridges & small electronics in any used box:
|· Inkjet Cartridges
· Ipods /MP3 Players
· Cell Phones /Pagers
· GPS & Radar Detectors
|· IPad’s / Tablets
· eBook Readers
· Mobile Hot Spots
· Digital /Video Cameras & Camcorders
· Video Game Consoles & Handhelds
· Video Games & Accessories
3. Click on ‘Recycle’ and print out the prepaid shipping label.
Give the box to UPS which ships them for free to Planet Green.
For each cartridge RPN receives between $0.05 and $5, for some small electronics $1 to $100 depending on the model.
To buy environmentally sound, US remanufactured printing cartridges:
1. Go to https://planetgreenrecycle.com/redpandanetwork and click on ‘Buy Recycled’.
2. Choose cartridges for your HP, Lexmark, Dell, Canon, Epson, Sharp, Compaq, Brother, etc.
3. Get them shipped for free on orders over $50.
It’s as easy as that. 15% of your purchases will go to support the Red Panda Network.
Raise awareness and funds with your online social networks
Last but by far not least: Promoting your passion for red pandas online can be your easiest and biggest contribution to increase awareness and funding for conservation.
- Tell your friends by sharing pages, photos, events, and stories from our website via facebook and twitter. Join the Red Panda community to get updates and join in on the conversation.
- Link to our YouTube channel or create your own online videos, we will link to the best ones on our video page