Research Scholarship Nepal
[NOTE: APPLICATION CLOSED - 2012 AWARDS HAVE BEEN GRANTED - PLEASE WATCH THIS SPACE FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT FUTURE SCHOLARSHIPS ]
Red Panda Network (RPN) has been committed to the conservation of wild red pandas and their habitat through the research, education and empowerment of local communities in Nepal for the past 7 years. RPN is happy to announce the introduction of the RED PANDA NETWORK SCHOLARSHIP program to provide research grants in the field of red panda conservation. This call invites highly interested and motivated Master’s level students of Environmental Science/Management, Zoology and Forestry. Scholarships will be awarded up to NPR 35,000.
|Priority Research Area: Baseline study and conservation status of Red Panda (Ailurus fulgens) in Jumla, Kalikot and Jajarkot districts in Western Nepal
Guidance on submission
Please submit the application in the following format:
Red Panda Network
Research Scholarship – Nepal
2012 Application form
- Title: (not exceeding 10 words)
- Abstract: (not exceeding 100 words)
- Introduction: Give a concise description of the proposed work including problem and project rationale. Include sufficient information so that reviewers who may not be familiar with the subject matter will be able to understand and evaluate the project. (Not exceeding 250 words)
- Project location: Describe the geographical location with a map where the work will take place. (Not exceeding 100 words)
- Methodology: Describe the research methods including information on sampling, general methodology and statistical analysis you will use to achieve your intended outcomes. (Not exceeding 500 words)
- Outcome: Detail what the expected outcomes of this work will be. The outcome should identify the changes induced for the sake of conservation of vulnerable red panda. (Not exceeding 150 words)
- Budget: Provide a detailed budget proposed for this work. Please specify the funding request from RPN and if there are any matched funding arrangements.
- Timeline: Outline the timeframe of the proposed work including start/finish dates and duration of each activity.
- References: Provide references of any literature cited in this proposal.
Due to high demand, the deadline for proposals has been extended to November 30, 2012.
- read the press release