Red Panda Network began in 1997 on a trip to Sandukpur, Ilam.
Out of nowhere comes a foreign tourist running down the trail with his backpack swaying. He comes running up to us and asks, “Have you seen anybady today?“ (in a thick British accent). The three friends look at each other and say, “No. Why?” We’re wondering what happened that would inspire someone from halfway around the world to be running around in 6 inches of snow at 12,000 feet, disregarding this amazing view. Then he says:
“Sombady’s killed a red panda. I think it was a Nepalese person and they went back across the border.”
Brian said, “Nope we haven’t seen anyone. You’re the first person that we’ve seen today.” But in the back of our minds all we could think about was…What’s a red panda? And Why are they so important that they would cause this person to run around in the middle of nowhere trying to save one?
Our Core Values
- Red Panda Network values the power and creativeness of human beings.
- We are committed to creating a place where human ingenuity can manifest all that is possible in life.
- We are inspired by the beauty and power of nature for which the red panda is our symbol.
- We value the individual and their ability to find solutions to life’s challenges.
- We are inspired to empower individuals to find the best in themselves and to discover pioneering solutions to conservation of the world’s precious natural resources.
- We believe in the power of markets and collaboration in our endless pursuit of the end of deforestation.
- We believe that communities have the knowledge and ability to create a new future for themselves.